Friday, July 28, 2006

welcome to our humble abode

well here is our home of almost 5 years. its the first house that my hubby and i have owned and so far we have made it a home...5 years and 2 kids later! there are still many projects that we would like to take on...but takes lots of time and money to do. we quickly realized that houses just suck any extra money that you have...that is, if you want to make it look like you want it to! thanks to boomama for hosting the first and only Tour of Homes! so welcome, ya'll!!
"my eleven" will take you on a tour...

FRONT DOOR
hi everyone...come on in! please let us ring the doorbell b/c we love to do that. we also love to put our faces on these windows sometimes and leave our slobbery marks everywhere!

BLOGGING ROOM
this is where mommy spends LOTS of time on the computer. this is our playroom/office/spare bedroom/bonus room upstairs. we like to color and create messes up here. we often wonder what mommy does on that computer...it sure does look interesting!
LIVING ROOM view 1
this is our living room as it looks most of the time. we like to make messes here too. there are usually toys within arm's reach and we like it that way. and here we are watching our favorite channel, NOGGIN.
LIVING ROOM view 2
mommy took another picture of our living room after she straightened it up. she sure did seem out of breath picking things up off of the floor and putting things away. that's why we just like to leave the mess and not clean it up. its just too much work to pick up! so here we are in our parade, celebrating the clean floor.

KITCHEN
this is our kitchen where we like mommy to make chicken nuggets and french fries. we think its part of the 4 food groups. this floor usually has lots of toys on it too....lots of magnets from the refrigerator that mommy ends up stepping on all the time!

MASTER BEDROOM
and this is mommy and daddy's bedroom. while mommy was away on a trip, daddy surprised her by painting the bedroom brown (don't worry, they talked about painting it brown beforehand). and she likes it! and of course, we love to make a mess in here too. we usually leave our books in here and we like to drag mommy and daddy's clothes all over the floor. but our favorite thing to do is jump on their bed. and their curtains are a great place to hide when playing hide & seek.


so thanks for stopping by and taking a peek into our home!

48 comments:

Renee said...

I love how your kids gave the tour! So creative. And your home looks so cozy and welcoming.

Wendy said...

Looks great! I love the picture of the kids at the door. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Yey! I have the same blogger template, you are the first I have come across with the same. Sorry..your house is great too, I love the little pot hanging on the front door. My two little ones would eat fries and chicken nuggets everyday if I let them. Lol.

Barb said...

So cute that your kids conducted the tour. They're adorable. And I love the brown walls in your bedroom. What a nice hubby you have, to surprise you by having it all done when you got home. Thank your children for sharing their world with us.

Kelli said...

Oh, your home is so pretty!! I love the colors you have chosen...so relaxing and cozy! Your children are just adorable! Thank you for sharing photos of your house with us!
Kelli

Mama Duck said...

Awww, sweet tour with your children! I love your hanging pots and pans, I want to do that if I had a place....

Susie said...

What a clever idea to have your children take us on the tour! You've made a lovely family-friendly home...

Debra said...

I love your use of color! Your walls and your front door are just wonderful. And I love how you captured a day in your home by taking a picture of your children and their toys... Blessings, Debra

Lori said...

Gorgeous house! I love the color of your kitchen cabinets (AND the bedroom walls) I am getting so many ideas from these tours. Thanks for inviting me in!

Unknown said...

I love the eleven thing. Beautiful home. And I like the 11 things on your sidebar. Your little guy looks about the same age as mine (two in May), and he calls me mom-bee, but he's sort of outgrowing that, I think, sniff sniff.

I bookmarked your site to come back and look around if I ever have more time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing your home with us. You have a beautiful home - it's nice to know that other people have toys all over too! :) I took my pics yesterday right after I finished cleaning!!

I found your site (somehow) and I have enjoyed all of your posts thus far... be sure and visit my blog for a tour of my humble home! :)

It's a Mom Thing said...

You have beautiful taste in decorating. Your home is very warm and I love the toys everywhere b/c we all have them!

LZ Blogger said...

Just stopped by on the HOME tour! Loved the kids peeking at the front door. Nice place too! ~ jb///

Anonymous said...

Keri-Look at all your comments! Your house is awesome! I haven't seen it in person yet~When do we get an invite? Love ya, and the door nomes are pretty cute too.

Carole Burant said...

You children did a wonderful job being tour guides to your beautiful home:-) My mom always said that toys were not dirt so not to feel bad when she'd drop in and there would be toys all over the floor! lol

Anonymous said...

Hi friend, great pics and you already know I love the munchies! This was fun-I have so many more to visit!

Chellie said...

I love the master bedroom... beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed your tour! You have a very inviting home! We live in the same town!! We actuall have even more in common as my little girl's name is Ella too. You have a really sweet family and I enjoyed perusing your blog!

Meira{FB} said...

Beautiful home. Loved your tour, thanks for sharing!

Come visit me!

Sandra said...

Loved the tour, you have such a cozy warm and inviting home....beautiful bedroom too :)

Michelle said...

Great tour...great guides! Thanks for sharing your lovely home.

Melissa said...

My my my - aren't we the most popular blogger on the block?

The pictures are great - love the parade - just imagine the parade we could have with all the kiddies at CG! It would be an entire marching band!

Renee said...

Keri, we are just west of you right off Hwy 20 on the other side of 400. Our church is out in Buford though. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Love, love love your house! It's beautiful! Especially the kitchen and living room. Plus I like the color in your bloging room. :)

Anonymous said...

What lovely children -- so very polite! Thanks for the tour, kids! You have a fabulous home!

Blessings! :o)

PastormacsAnn said...

I love the home tour guides! (and so true that every room is a good place to make a mess) Great open living room with that high ceiling. And I like the pot rank hanging in your kichen. Thanks for the tour of your lovely home. (I think the tour guides deserve a raise!)

Trisha said...

What a wonderful home and children you have. Love the way you weren't afraid to show it like it is!

Christy said...

Your home is beautiful and I can tell just by the pictures and the tour that is a 'home' not just a house! Your kids are adorable and di a great job letting us tour!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Beautiful home. I love the colors, and your fireplace! I also loved how you told this from the kids' perspective. Thanks for the tour!

sonia a. mascaro said...

Your home is beautiful and your kids are just gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your great pictures of your home!

My link to Tour Homes is:
http://glance-olhar.blogspot.com/2006/07/tour-of-homes.html

rena said...

Very nice! Your home and the children that make it a home, are/is lovely.
Thanks for the tour.

Rena

Heather said...

Thanks for the tour kids!

peppylady (Dora) said...

Looks like a home that one could relax in.

Lori said...

Beautiful home!! I love the bedroom color. That was soo sweet of your hubby. Thank you for inviting me to your home.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the tour! You have a very nice living room, I like the shelves over the sofa :)

Shawna said...

OOOHH, I just love your home, & your children are as cute as they can be! Good idea for tour guides! So you're a fellow scrapbooker, huh? I hope you get to scrap more than me!

Much Ado said...

Hi, what a beautiful home you have and I love that the kids are helping you with the tour!!! How lovely for your husband to paint that room for you, it is gorgeous. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comment, I see you scrapbook as well - 2peas is a really inspiring site, there is so much talent there - that's where I get all my ideas!!!

~Jennifer said...

Your tour had me laughing out loud. Your house is great! And I love the descriptions of the messes your kids like to make. The brown in the bedroom is really nice!

Mrs. Shannon M. Herren said...

Thanks for being "for real" in your photos. You have a lovely home and family!

Dianne said...

I love seeing the kiddos on these tours-it makes them even better.
Thanks for the invite.

sonia a. mascaro said...

Wow, what interesting! You spent a summer in Belo Horizonte! Just amazing! I have never been in Belo Horizonte. Maybe some day...

And thank you so much for your nice words about my home!

Free In Christ said...

Beautiful house. Thanks for the tour.

Kari said...

I love the fact that the kiddos led the tour! How wonderful! Your home is beautiful and I thank you for the visit!

Robyn said...

I miss your home so much, and mine too. I loved seeing the pictures, I will show them to Abby when I get home. She will love it.

Unknown said...

Okay, love it. My bedroom is chocolate brown with a white chair rail! So we both love brown. My living room is a slate blue and decorated with chocolate brown stuff. I love blue and brown together. Your home is beautiful.

Tammy said...

It was cute to have the kids giving the tour. :) Your home is very welcoming!

Paula said...

Your home looks like such a comfortable, family-friendly place. Thanks for letting us visit!

Shalee said...

What a great little host and hostess you have there! I think they deserve a couple of cookies for doing such a splendid job at showing the place!

 
Clicky Web Analytics