
if you've ever lived in the south...you've experienced a day like today. we went to playgroup at the pool this morning. then after lunch, we let the kids play on the playground. after about 10 minutes of this, i was done. it is so hot today....the kind of hot where the air is so thick with humidity, its hard to walk. the kind of hot where you feel 10 lbs heavier. the kind of hot that you can sweat...hard... just standing there. the kind of hot that makes you want to jump back into the pool you were just in....or find some A/C...quick! i was standing there talking to a couple friends and was in a complete daze. something about hot weather like that that just puts me in a complete funk. my kids heads were wringing wet and their little faces could not have been more red. they were grumpy and exhausted and drained of all energy. needless to say, we were happy to get in our van and had the air cranked up full blast all the way home. and were so happy to walk into the rush of cold air when we opened the door of the house. we all crashed and took great naps. evan is still asleep. so there's a little taste of a georgia summer.

3 comments:
I thought it was a nice, breezy morning!(hee, hee)
Just reading this made me feel ten pounds heavier. I grew up in SE Texas on the gulf coast. And I lived in eastern Missouri for four years where the humidity is so thick it looks like it's raining when it's not. So I know exactly the weather you described so well here. I'm with you - run, RUN for the closest air conditioned spot you can find. :-)
I think I got a little hot today. We were running around and doing last min errands for the VBS program and cook out and I was so sick at my stomach. In and out, in and out... I know what you are talking about! Where in GA are you? We come to AL and FL and I wondered if you were on the line anywhere. I love your new look to your blog! Have a blessed Sunday!
Post a Comment