last nite, 6 of my friends from high school and everyone's spouses (except for mine b/c he was sickly) all got together for a cookout. all of us live around the atlanta vacinity except for our friend john, who lives in florida. back in H.S. i had 5 girlfriends who i hung out and we all were friends with john.....just johnny and the girls. i remember my 13th birthday party i invited all my girlfriends to go to Six Flags....and john! he was always...literally...the odd man out! but i grew up with him...have known him since first grade and he's a dear friend....as are all the girls too. we all still talk to each other and try to get together as often as possible. between the 6 of us....we have 11 kids. 2 years ago we took a trip to NYC to celebrate our 30th birthdays...what a great trip! i know there will be more in the future. so anyway, it was a fun nite just catching up and letting our kids swim and play together! we have lots of memories that we love to rekindle when we're together....lots of laughs! i love each of them dearly and am so glad that i can still call them some of my best friends. i wish i had a before and after picture to show everyone's big hair from back then....i'll just have to let you imagine it!
from left: michelle, heidi, john, tracy (in back), me & lori (sandy is missing...she couldn't come)

our little ones....ella has the pink/white towel and evan is sitting in front of her...

the girls...
3 comments:
oh, I so almost chose this one. Looks great. Hey, WHERE is MY link?
love you-
miss america
I love your pictures and I am so glad to see that someone else loves her HS friends as much as I still do :) I have about 5 I still hang out with and keep in touch and I just adore them. I also love your 'girlie' template... thanks for visiting me. I hope to have a chance to get to know you better!
That is wonderful. I have three of my high school friends that I am still close to but we never ALL get together. That is a blessing and so rare these days. Y'all are so gorgeous too!
Post a Comment