JOHN DENVER & THE MUPPETS "A Christmas Together"wow. i love this album...yes, i admit it. it brings back lots of childhood memories. my sister and i had the album and we had every song memorized. i especially enjoy miss piggy singing "ba dum dum dump" after singing "5 golden rings" in the 12 days of christmas. and i love hearing the sweet voice of john denver singing "when the river meets the sea". the muppet show was one of our favorite shows...so i guess it was inevitable that i would love this christmas album. i don't have the cd...i think i need it (hint hint to my dear loved ones).
HARRY CONNICK JR. "When My Heart Finds Christmas"when i got married, this cd came into my collection (oh, wait, i had no cd collection back then...i wasn't that cool). and every christmas when rusty and i would start decorating the tree, this cd would be played. i love harry connick's music...his jazzy flair that he adds to all his songs is just coolness. my favorite tracks are "(It Must've Been Ol') Santa Claus" and "I Pray On Christmas". i'm sure there are other harry christmas cd's that are good...but this is the only one we have.
ED CASH, ALLEN LEVI & BEBO NORMAN "Joy"this is another one that we listen to every year. i love the combination of all three of these talented musicians. my hubby grew up in the same town as allen and bebo and knew them both. we have great admiration for their music. my favorite tracks are the first and last..."O Come Emmanuel" and "Go Tell it on the Mountain" (complete with a full gospel choir).
other favorite christmas cd's:
Nativity Songs (this is an annual concert done by various musicians in atlanta...the concert is held at Intown Community Church)
Your King Has Come - Indelible Grace Music
if you have any other good recommendations, pass them on!
** sorry if you use bloglines and it told you i had several new posts...i had to revise this a couple times so the cd images would fit. sometimes blogger drives me crazy.

4 comments:
Well, I love Elvis' Christmas,,,,,and Mariah Carey's Christmas.......very good. And Ella Fitzgerald is pretty good.
I love all Christmas music...I listen to it all the time.
I think I was here a long time ago...sorry not to have been back!
Anyway, wow, that first album was a walk back memory lane! I remember that cover of John Denver and the Muppets!
And I have that CD of Harry Connick Jr...my hubby gave it to me when we were newlyweds and it's still one of my favorite Christmas CDs! :)
Good choices, although I wouldn't have guessed the Muppets one would be at the top of your list! We also love Your King has Come and Harry Connick Jr...we have't been able to locate most of our Christmas CD's this year though-they're in some box in storage. It's the same story with our ornaments-so our tree only has ornaments we've gotten this year. A little bare, but oh well!
I have not one, but two Barry Manilow Christmas CDs - whoo-hoo! But my favorite of all time is the Carpenter's "Christmas Portrait." It's perfect - each song rolls right into the next, no breaks and the arrangements are amazing! We use it to kick off the Christmas season -it's not Christmas until Richard and Karen say it is.
Post a Comment