Thursday, July 05, 2007

a happy 4th

i think july 4th is becoming one of my favorite holidays. to me, it means all things summer. time to be with friends and family, getting wet in the pool from the hot summer sun, celebrating our country and our freedom, eating burgers and hot dogs, watching fireworks, and all things red, white & blue. last night was one of those nights that make me so thankful for what i have been given. our community group gathered at one family's house and we spent hours enjoying our time with each other. memories were made and fun was had by all. i took a ton of photos last nite....so here are some of them...





here are the kids after they decorated their bikes and scooters with streamers, etc.


the kids were so cute playing throwing the ball in the grass and playing duck duck goose. we made them make this pyramid for a good photo opportunity :)


we couldn't wait until dark to start the fireworks...here are the kids watching them.


ella doesn't like the loud noise from the fireworks...so she wore ear plugs!


8 comments:

Jean Joiner said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love the holiday too...in fact I just love summer in general! :)

Anonymous said...

It was great fun and you took some fun pictures! Yippee, the pyramid worked!

Dani said...

Glad you got a pic of the kids watching the fireworks. I missed that one. They are all so cute.

The Hiatt Family said...

Great family picture!

Jen said...

I love the hats....it seems you all had a great time..

Jennifer said...

What great photos. You can truly sense what a great time everyone was havving. Makes me wish I had been there!

katie said...

happy times. love you all...

Jenn said...

Looks like such fun! Love the pictures!

And regarding your comment about doing a banner...no html knowledge required. I just designed mine in Photoshop and uploaded under (I think Settings in Blogger). Easy Peasy. E-mail me and I can give you better instructions.

 
Clicky Web Analytics