Thursday, September 27, 2007

some fun family time

i've been putting off writing this post because i had too many pictures to go through...and as you can see by this post, i had a hard time narrowing them down. this past weekend, we decided to take the kids away for some fun family time. rusty and i have been so busy working lately, we really needed this time with the kids. so we took them to the N. Georgia State Fair last friday night and then the next day we went to Elijay to the apple picking jubilee! the kids had a blast and here are lots of pictures to prove it.

the fair brought back so many memories. i love the sounds, the lights, the smells, the games, the rides, the food! it was so exciting to see our kids faces as they were taking it all in. here's ella on her first ride, a caterpillar roller coaster, and she was staring at the ferris wheel next to us.


this was evan's first time ever riding on a carnival type ride. he had SO much fun, the smile on his face was priceless when the bumblebee started moving!



yummy funnel cake!

below is a Little Big Town concert we got to see while at the fair. they were so great!


the next day we went to Hillcrest Orchards. this is a fantastic place to take your family (if you live in georgia!). there were so many fun things for the kids.

the kids got to ride these john deere tricycles around a track.


a wagon ride through the orchards
ella got to ride up front with the driver

in the past, ella has told me she wanted to milk a cow...she got her chance! after hesitating quite a bit...she gave it a try!

ella riding the zip line

the kids watching the pig race. this was hilarious!! (and the kid's favorite part of the day)

if you made it this far, thanks for looking! it was a memorable weekend for our family and the kid's have not stopped talking about it!

10 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow - I don't think my prayer life is strong enough to overcome my fear that mobile rides aren't just going to fall apart while my children are on them! Talk about Living by Faith!

trmills said...

Next Fall we are going to Hillcrest Orchards! That looks like so much fun and apple pickin' is one of my very favorite Fall activities...you've made me long for Georgia (in a good way!)...

And when you come here, we'll go durian-pickin'!

Lisa said...

Sounds like lots of fun. I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting. Ella is looking more and more like you. Miss you lots!

katie said...

little big town rocks!!!

Sammy said...

Great pictures! We are definitely going to have to make a trip there!

Two Mini Girls said...

I think Frankie is mad at you because I haven't stopped talking about taking the girls to the fair, and now seeing the pictures and all the fun family time ya'll had I want to go even more.

Robyn said...

We used to dance at the fair and in Elijay every year, many mooms ago. That's awesome that y'all got to see Little Big Town. Fun times all around.
Love the Red Bar shirt Rusty. I see it's still in the daily rotation.

Anonymous said...

I love fairs and pumpkin patches. I have some of the best memories from them. So glad you guys got to go make some memories!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. I really like that one of Busty.

Miss you guys.

Renee said...

That does look like fun! And you got some great pictures too! I'm going to have to look into going to some apple orchards with the boys.

 
Clicky Web Analytics