Sunday, June 10, 2007

vbs

ella went to her first vacation bible school last week. our church does not do one so i sent her to another local church and she had such a great time. evan and i would stay for the joint worship time at the beginning. the music was so fun and i loved watching and hearing the kids sing and do all the motions to the songs. each day they would learn a new bible point for the day with a verse that went with it. the bible points were simple yet full of truth. they actually made me ponder them throughout the week...especially considering what has been going on lately. they were:
God is REAL.
God is WITH US.
God is STRONG.
God is AWESOME.
God is IN CHARGE.

like i said, such simple truths that have gripped my heart this past week. and i can't help but think of these truths as i pray for my cousin Josh. i pray that God would be real to him...that he would KNOW that God is with him on this journey...that Josh would see God's strength and trust that His strength can heal him...that he would worship our awesome God in spite of his suffering, and that he and his family would know that God is in charge of all things...Josh's body, his radiation, his doctors, and this tumor. and even though my struggles seem like nothing compared to what my cousin is going through....i pray these things for myself too! that during my day when i'm at my wits end with the complaining and whining coming from my daughter, that i would know that i'm not alone. that i would believe that God is real and he is with me. and when i find myself worried and anxious about the silliest of things...that i would trust that He is in charge and i have nothing to fear.

so thanks to vbs for encouraging my heart!

my first attempts at french braiding...this was the night of the vbs finale/ice cream social.


5 comments:

katie said...

thanks keri... she's a cutie with the hairdo! good job.

Melissa said...

Where's the video? I missed the big finale!

Robyn said...

I am so glad she had a good time at VBS and I'm also glad it helped encourage your heart. So what was your answer when Ella asked when y'all could come to Nashville again? You know you are always welcome.

Robyn said...

Oh by the way, I love Ella's hair. I stink at french braiding. Maybe you can give me lessons at the beach.

The Hiatt Family said...

I love her hair; that's how I wore mine when I was her age. So sweet!

 
Clicky Web Analytics