Whate’er My God Ordains Is Right
©1998 David Braud Music. Words: Samuel Rodigast. Music: David Braud.
1. Whate’er my God ordains is right, Holy His will abideth.
I will be still whate’er He does, And follow where He guideth.
He is my God, Though dark my road.
He holds me that I shall not fall, Wherefore to Him I leave it all
2. Whate’er my God ordains is right, He never will deceive me
He leads me by the proper path, I know He will not leave me
I take, content, What He hath sent
His hand can turn my griefs away, And patiently I wait His day
3. Whate’er my God ordains is right, Though now this cup in drinking
May bitter seem to my faint heart, I take it all unshrinking
My God is true, Each morn anew
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart And pain and sorrow shall depart
4. Whate’er my God ordains is right, Here shall my stand be taken
Though sorrow, need, or death be mine, Yet I am not forsaken
My Father’s care Is round me there
He holds me that I shall not fall, And so to Him I leave it all
©1998 David Braud Music. Words: Samuel Rodigast. Music: David Braud.
1. Whate’er my God ordains is right, Holy His will abideth.
I will be still whate’er He does, And follow where He guideth.
He is my God, Though dark my road.
He holds me that I shall not fall, Wherefore to Him I leave it all
2. Whate’er my God ordains is right, He never will deceive me
He leads me by the proper path, I know He will not leave me
I take, content, What He hath sent
His hand can turn my griefs away, And patiently I wait His day
3. Whate’er my God ordains is right, Though now this cup in drinking
May bitter seem to my faint heart, I take it all unshrinking
My God is true, Each morn anew
Sweet comfort yet shall fill my heart And pain and sorrow shall depart
4. Whate’er my God ordains is right, Here shall my stand be taken
Though sorrow, need, or death be mine, Yet I am not forsaken
My Father’s care Is round me there
He holds me that I shall not fall, And so to Him I leave it all

6 comments:
beautiful. wish i could hear you guys sing it.
One of my very favorite songs ever. I always felt it so appropriate during times like this. Thanks for sharing.
Rusty did an amazing job Sunday - so willing to be used by God during this tough time.
Keri, I have been and will continue to pray for Joshua. He and his parents have stayed on my mind these past few days. Please keep me updated...
That song applies to the big hard things in our lives as well as the little ones. I had heard that song, but had never taken the time to listen closely. Thanks for sharing them!
Keri, just dropping by to say hi and catch up on your latest news. It's been forever since I've caught up on everyone on my Bloglines.
Sorry to hear things have been rough lately. I do know how you feel. I've never had more to be thankful for, and I am happier than I have ever been, and yet we are under attack as never before from the enemy, the devil, which can really drag me down on a day-to-day basis. Don't let yourself get bogged down, though. Praying things get better for you soon!
I enjoyed seeing the great pictures of your kids!
Post a Comment