
if you don't know who these guys are, well come on over to my house and ella will be glad to introduce you. tasha, uniqua, tyrone, austin, and pablo seem to show up way too often around here. evan calls them "ba-gans"...the official name is Backyardigans. i'm having a hard time limiting their viewing pleasure to 2 backyardigans a day! they LOVE this show. and although i'm getting quite tired of the theme song, i actually think the show is pretty cute. these little guys can sing so well and they have some pretty sweet dance moves! ella's latest favorite episode is the new one, "Mission to Mars." and good thing we have our DVR, cuz i can let her watch it whenever she wants (well, not whenever she wants...i do say "no" on some occasions!).
anyway, so between "Eureka!", "Cave Party", "Quest for the Flying Rock", "Viking Voyage", "Tea Party", "Polka Palace", "Race to the Tower of Power", etc etc....it is actually encouraging my little one's imaginations and increasing their desire to sing and dance. and it brings smiles to their faces and lots of giggles. so i don't mind a little tv if it means those things.
does anyone know what kind of animal "uniqua" is?? i haven't quite figured that one out yet...i'm sure i could look it up, but it's not in my internet surfing plans right now...."now it's time for us to have a snack meet you next time wheeeeen weeeee're baaaaaaack with your friends the backyaaaaardigans!" :)

5 comments:
We haven't watched the show, but Mason LOVES their race car game online - he would play it all day long if I let him!
My Matt (5) LOVES the Backyardigans still and knows almost ALL of their songs. And Shhh...don't tell anyone, but Kelsey (11) and I sometimes get caught up in the episodes too!! :) Hee Hee ---
We are also big fans! I agree that the singing and dancing are both great. My favorite song is when the mermaid is singing the pirates to sleep- I know, pitiful-and no I don't know what Uniqua is but Hannah says she is a lizard...
so funny! I know all of their songs! My friend's little girl is going to be Uniqua for halloween. I am not sure how though!
More Backyardigan fans over here. I tivo them so we always have a fresh supply. We watched the Viking Voyagers this morning. My favorite song is from the episode where they are going to Texas Buffalo Girls & Boys! We all dance to that one!
Post a Comment