Sunday, October 01, 2006

sweet words of worship

haven't felt much like blogging lately. just been busy since i got back from columbus. enjoying some much needed family time.

worship this morning was really great...my hubby played some of my favorite songs (thanks honey!) :) this is one of my favorite hymns and we sang it this morning. i love the words and love the tune.

Jesus, lover of my soul, let me to Thy bosom fly,
While the nearer waters roll, while the tempest still is high.
Hide me, O my Savior, hide, till the storm of life is past;
Safe into the haven guide; O receive my soul at last.

Other refuge have I none, hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
Leave, ah! leave me not alone, still support and comfort me.
All my trust on Thee is stayed, all my help from Thee I bring;
Cover my defenseless head with the shadow of Thy wing.

Wilt Thou not regard my call? Wilt Thou not accept my prayer?
Lo! I sink, I faint, I fall—Lo! on Thee I cast my care;
Reach me out Thy gracious hand! While I of Thy strength receive,
Hoping against hope I stand, dying, and behold, I live.

Thou, O Christ, art all I want, more than all in Thee I find;
Raise the fallen, cheer the faint, heal the sick, and lead the blind.
Just and holy is Thy Name, I am all unrighteousness;
False and full of sin I am; Thou art full of truth and grace.

Plenteous grace with Thee is found, grace to cover all my sin;
Let the healing streams abound; make and keep me pure within.
Thou of life the fountain art, freely let me take of Thee;
Spring Thou up within my heart; rise to all eternity.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too love this one...enjoy the family time..life gets so hectic now adays.....
Jen

Robyn said...

Something must be in the air because I am really finding it hard to keep my blog updated. Enjoy time with the family, it's such a great time of year.
I miss hearing Rusty and Marty play.

Lisa said...

That's one of my favorites too. We sang it here one Sunday, but to another tune-I guess the old original version. I like the one we sang at ELCC much better. Miss worshipping with you guys so much...
also, Abigail asks almost everyday if she can watch "Evan fall down again"-she loves that video you put on your blog!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you liked it baby :)

 
Clicky Web Analytics