i was in 10 of those bridesmaid's weddings. oh what a plethora of bridesmaids dresses i have in my closet! pink, green, blue, black, etc. (still don't know what to do with them). here is the rundown of when everyone else got married (this is mainly for my sake to have it recorded when i'm old and can't remember anything!):
1. Jorja - August 1991 (she discipled me in college)
2. Tracy - April 1995 (H.S. friend)
3. Michelle - July 1995 (H.S. friend)
4. Stacy - September 1995 (sister)
5. Katie - May 1997 (college friend)
6. Amy - October 1997 (college friend)
7. Angela - November 1997 (college friend)
8. Sandy - May 1998 (H.S. friend)
9. Lori - September 1999 (H.S. friend)
10. Rebecca - May 1999 (college roommate)
11. Wendi - December 2000 (college friend)
12. Heidi - April 2002 (H.S. friend)
13. Jennifer - October 2006 (college friend)
and yes, jenn is the last one to tie the knot...TODAY!! it's pretty exciting to see that all of my friends are married and, for the most part, have happy, healthy marriages! its a miracle, really, considering the divorce rate these days. as i typed each of their names, it brings back many memories with each of them. some of them i keep in touch with more than others and i'm ok with that. most of them will be lifetime friends that i will continue to hang on to because they are so dear to me. there's a lot of history there in those relationships that helped define and make me who i am today.
last night i attended the rehearsal dinner for jennifer and the wedding is tonight in dahlonega, georgia....a beautiful outdoor setting in the mountains. a great celebration of my last bridesmaid to get married!
here's a photo of my wedding...it's a photo of a photo...my scanner is on the outs. so its not a great picture, but still wanted to post it.
amy, jorja, jenn, angela, katie, stacy, me, heidi, tracy, michelle, lori, sandy, rebecca

9 comments:
What a sweet post and a great tribute to your friendships and their precious marriages. With the world in the shape it is in today -- it is refreshing to see that there are marriages that can stand the test of time. AND are happy - not perfect, but happy! :)
How special this is. How lucky you are. What a special day. Friends are wonderful to have..hang on to all of them.
Loved the picture.
Jen
WOW! I thought I had alot at 7 and a jr for a total of 8.... the pic is beautiful and I love that baby bue! Your hair is so pretty dark!
How fun to see this picture & know I was there in my new town! Was in March or April?
Suzy's wedding was my last one. She was wedding party #13 for me, too.
Since I was close to one of the last ones, getting married at age 27, I took a different approach and had a 'house party' and let the girls wear whatever they wanted...I had 12, too...but 2 were pregnant and 1 was postpardum...trying to find something they would have all been comfy in was a challenge I was not up for!
Fun post idea!!!
jen...we got married march '98. and i remember thinking how fun it was that all your bridesmaids wore a different dress! i think i was pregnant at your wedding too.
um Keri-yes, that is obnoxious and then some. We will forgive you though, i know it's your heart not to leave anyone out. I had 4 bridesmaids and Andy had three grooms men-I tried to kick one of my bridesmaids out, but she wouldn't go-can you guess who it was-we call her Auntie now. :)
Hi, I found your blog through Something Beautiful.
Anyways, I hear you on having a big wedding - we did too. 9 bridesmaids.
Also, I wanted to encourage you to do what I did with my old bridesmaids dresses. I made pillows!! I used the fabric from the skirts and made throw pillow and now they are in our piano room. Another idea is you can use the top if it is decorated in a way you like (I had one tank top that I used it as the front panel of the pillow - very cute!)
Another idea: If you can or want to be ambitious, you can make strips of all the colors in varying sizes OR squares and you can either make striped or patchwork pillows. These would be cute in a basement game room on a neutral couch since those rooms tend to be less formal and girly - you could add a touch of the feminine to the room by adding these pillows. Plus they mean someting to you so the pillows would make for great snuggling, praying.
Finally, you could cut squares out of all of them and have them quilted for you and VOILA - you have a friendship blanket. You could use this only for prayer time, or snuggling up with a good book. It would make you feel blanketed by your close community of friends who love and care for you so much!!
Bless you!
I love seeing pics of people's weddings. Big weddings are so much fun.
I have not been in as many weddings as you have been in, but I do have quite a few bridesmaids dresses hanging in the closet. I am saving them for Caroline and Emily tp play with when they get a little older.
Claire
Looks like a beautiful wedding! How great to be surrounded by so many people that love you and that you love.
Post a Comment