Monday, June 09, 2008

ella's tea party

the other day i told rusty that i felt like the days were going to get long this summer. keeping the kids occupied and happy is a tough job! every afternoon while evan takes a nap, ella has "rest time". this basically means that it is time for her to leave mommy alone. :) she usually complains a bit at first and says "i don't have anything to do. {sigh}" and then i list off a ton of ideas to remind her of all the things she could do.

today, i'm happy to say, that she came up with her own idea. she put on her ballerina costume and asked me to get her coloring table b/c she was going to have a tea party. about an hour later, i went to check on her (after she came and got me to tell me she had a water spill!) and this is what i found:

i never knew corn was served at a tea party. yum yum!

looks like she invited cinderella (in the stroller), uniqua (from backyardigans), tasha (her pink bear in the dora chair), and her elephant. looks like a grand time, doesn't it!!?

2 comments:

Keri said...

I love this because 1) it reminds me of when I was little. I used to always get my dolls and "eat" at my little table with them and 2) Rachel does this on a regular basis. It's so cute!

p.s. thanks for all the flair. I love it. :)

trmills said...

What a lovely girl! I am convinced that she and Emmy would be kindred spirits given the chance. Wouldn't that be a treat for us, too?!

 
Clicky Web Analytics