Monday, May 19, 2008

he's gone home.

in my 35 years of life, i have experienced sorrow. i have lost grandparents in their older days and i have known the grief of losing my own baby through a miscarriage. yet my heart has never felt this broken before.

my heart is so full of sadness. my faith is being shaken. my mind is questioning.

my dear sweet cousin, joshua, lost his battle last night. his last MRI showed that the tumor had grown around his throat. he took his final breathe last night. the reality of God's plan is sinking in. and i don't understand it. my hope for a miracle is gone and i feel completely heart broken.

yet, our faith tells us that he is with Jesus now...that he is healed and is free from the destruction of that brain tumor. and this should make me rejoice. and it gives me a glimmer of happiness knowing that he is running, laughing, smiling, and joyful again.

and then, i think about all that he is being robbed of....this handsome 15 year old boy. and how his parents and brother and sister are being robbed of a son...and a brother. they will never get to see him grow up to graduate from high school, to see him fall in love, to see him go to college, to watch him marry a very lucky girl and have children of his own. why did God choose this to be good?

as i struggle through this sorrow, and as the Zalunardo family deals with their unimaginable broken hearts, I can only trust in what I know....that the peace of God will comfort our hearts and fill the emptiness that this sadness brings. and maybe along the way, we may never have the answers as to why Joshua is gone....but continue to believe that he is happier in heaven than he would ever be here on this earth.

please join me in praying for Joshua's family.

Victoria, Gino, Joshua,
Caleb & Diedere

11 comments:

Todd and Randi said...

Keri - I am SO SO sorry to hear about Joshua. Your family is in our prayers during this extremely difficult time!

Robyn said...

Keri-
I am so sorry to hear about Joshua. I have no word of wisdom but please know that we will be praying for your family and we are here if/when you need us. We love you all.

Jen said...

My prayers are with you and his family. He is with God....and he is healthy...have faith in that.
Hugs.

Jennifer said...

I am so sorry, Keri. Praying for you and he rest of the family tonight.

katie said...

keri, thanks for writing this. i know it was hard to put out there...
i love you.

Melissa said...

Thanks for sharing their story with us - praying for you and your extended family.

Julee said...

Keri,
A verse I have often claimed when losing a loved one to Jesus:

"The righteous pass away; the godly often die before their time. And no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. For the godly who die will rest in peace." Isaiah 57:1-2

God knows our every thought and understands our sorrow....it grieves Him when His people are hurting! I will be thinking of you and your loved ones in the days to come.....

Anonymous said...

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Rev 21

Praying for you, friend.

Anonymous said...

"And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." Rev 21

Praying for you, friend.

The Hiatt Family said...

Oh,Keri...I am deeply sorry. I cannot imagine what this loss must feel like. Please know that his parents and your family will be in my prayers as you mourn. There are no easy answers...yet He loves us with an everlasting love. Prayers for you all tonight.

Jennifer said...

Just checking on you. Still praying.

 
Clicky Web Analytics