Saturday, August 18, 2007

reflecting

6 years ago today we moved into our house. we were first time homeowners and extremely excited about leaving the apartment life behind! i had very mixed emotions however when we got here 6 years ago. we were only moving 30 minutes away, but to me, it felt much further. we were moving away from the city where we had an amazing church family, we lived closer to my sister and her family, and just closer to where i felt i belonged...the city!

it didn't take us long, however, to find a new church home. we have developed some great relationships over the years here and i'm so grateful for that. this area is booming....more and more shopping centers, restaurants, neighborhoods. and yippeee, we are getting a chick-fil-a right down the street from us!! (could be dangerous).

a lot has happened since we've been in this home. we've gone from 2 to a family of 4. many, many memories have been made here. this house has served us well and i can say now that i love it here. thank you Lord for providing this home for us to enjoy for 6 years!

7 comments:

katie said...

can't believe it's six years already. makes me feel like a nomad. the longest we've ever lived in a house is in homewood~ 3 years.
wish i could come visit you in your pretty home.

Sammy said...

I'm glad you live there too! "Happy Anniversary"!

Jean Joiner said...

I love your house! I'm happy you guys have a great place. I have some clothes to give you from Kate...maybe I can come for a visit this week or next? :)

Jen said...

I'm happy for you and your family. You have grown in his hands....

Lisa said...

A chick-fil-A?? Yay for you! : ) That area is really growing. I bet I would be surprised after not seeing it for a year how much it has changed.

Melissa said...

I remember when you guys walked into church - you had just moved up here - what a shock! Time has flown (probably because we've all been busy having babies to fill up our church)!

Robyn said...

We are so glad that you moved into the neighborhood. I remember meeting y'all when we were both kidless. You and Rusty were walking and I think we (well Marty) was doing yardwork. It is a great house.

 
Clicky Web Analytics