i've never been a disciplined person. and i've never been a dieter. until a year ago....well just the dieter part.
i joined weight watchers online this time last year because i really wanted to lose about 10 or more pounds. my mom had done WW and i knew several people who had done it and they were successful. the ONLY reason i chose WW is because it sounded fairly easy to do online and i could still eat the things i like to eat.
and remember, i'm not a disciplined person. so yes, it was hard to get into the swing of counting points and limiting my food intake. and oh do i love food. it really did help me to see how much junk i was eating and it helped me to replace those things with lower point foods. i lost about 8 lbs and felt really good about it. i hung in there with it for probably about 4 months...and then the holidays came. i threw WW out the window!
one year later, i have gained it all back. my new jeans i bought last year are fitting quite snug and it just makes me sad. you would think this would be motivation for me to get back on the dieting plan. i'm trying, i'm trying.
a few friends have just started WW and so it is pushing me to do it again. plus the fact that r really wants to do it again too. i'm just so over the points thing. i would just rather grab a hand-full of cheez-its whenever i want to and not have to keep track of the points! its a mental game as well. my mind and tummy are telling me that they would much rather munch on something yummier than rice cakes for a snack...and i often give in to my "evil side". and when we go out to eat, it just gets even harder. its right about now that i wished my favorite foods were fruit and vegetables. too bad they aren't. i love french fries....and they love me back. i love a big, juicy hamburger....and it loves me too.
and its also right about now that i wished i was a more disciplined person. i know the results of me getting my fat butt into those jeans will be worthwhile! and WW really does work. so...here goes. good bye fat biscuit!! (thats what we call butts in our family!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
i'm with you all the way baby! bring on the points!
I agree with you on the points thing. It's exhausting trying to count out goldfish and figure out how many points they are. Snacking here and there with my toddlers is my main downfall. Me and www.onegirltwoboys.blogspot.com are trying to support each other's goal to get down to our goal weight. These last ten pounds have been around since before my daughter was born (and she's almost NINE!). It's hard!
I LOVE your site!
First of all, from all your pictures, you're beautiful. Second of all, I think the points suck too. So I will offer what I do. I eat extremely clean five days a week. Clean being nuts, seeds, fruits, veggies, turkey breast, chicken breast, and fish. (Monday-Friday) I blow Saturday and Sunday. Well, Saturday afternoon/night and ALL day Sunday. This way I NEVER feel cheated. I can wait all week because I know I will eat which ever Fast Food joint I want on the weekend. (Zaxsby's, Mc D's, Krystal's, Taco Bell, Wendy's, Pizza, Hardee's) Which is at least two to three. I was able to lose all my baby weight in 6 months this way, plus 30 more. I am back to my high school weight from 11 years ago. Just a thought.
a girl after my own heart; french fries, fast food --- yum. and oh how easy is it to grab cheez-its and they are soo good. :) ok - so i know what you mean, i wish for me it was only 10 lbs., but a bout with depression after matt, left me with many more pounds to lose. i like paula's idea and may try it - also - i have tried (and had success) with dr. phil's the ultimate weight solution, but i only lasted about 1 month - lack of discipline. but in that month i lost close to 10 lbs. so i guess discipline is indeed the key to any progress....
best wishes!!! :)
Wow. Your hubby posted a comment. Mine is afraid to enter the sanctum of women out here! :-)
Here's what I think. Out of all the diets that are out there, WW is probably the best for losing weight and keeping it off. But there's no way I can evaluate every single thing I put in my mouth.
If I decide I need to lose ten pounds, which isn't really an overwhelming goal, I just cut back on the size of the portions of everything I eat. I don't deprive myself. I just don't eat as much.
And I drink a lot of water.
It's always worked for me. Trying to read a diet book, keep journals about what goes into my mouth, weigh the food I eat. No way. That just makes me crazy. And when I'm upset, well, I eat.
Your body is temple to God! Ha!!! You can do it Keri-if it's worth it. If I looked like you I would continue to eat whatever I wanted and be the imaginary ten pounds over weight. But as your friend I will support you...we need to swap recipes and have get togethers that are WW friendly.
Girl you are beautiful. You are wonderfully made!
Post a Comment