i do believe this is my favorite time of year. the weather has been perfect here the past few days. the sky could not be more blue, the air could not be more crisp, and the temperature is just right. i love it when we can start wearing longsleeves and need to bundle up a bit at night.it's the kind of day when i long to take a road trip to the great smokey mountains. with the windows rolled down and the indigo girls blaring through the speakers as i attempt to sing harmony at the top of my lungs (because they do have the best road trip songs in my opinion!). or a little JT (and no, i don't mean justin timberlake) singing "carolina in my mind". just the thought of driving with no real place to go makes me smile. to be able to stop at any point and pick apples, pumpkins or eat a big bag of hot boiled peanuts...mmmmmm. and i love going to any kind of fall festival around. the music, the people, the arts & crafts, the food...it all just excites me!
and the leaves...the leaves changing in the mountains is a beautiful sight. i love to see the wonder of God's creation in hues of bright yellows, oranges and reds. only our creator could come up with something so amazing.
i remember back in college rusty and i would just take off and drive...with nowhere to go. i loved those trips...full of the unexpected...full of spontaneity. it's a little harder to do it with kids in the picture, but i'm sure we'll try! they are learning to enjoy the same things that mommy and daddy do and it's so fun to experience those things with them. so, here's to fall! i'm so glad it's here.

9 comments:
gosh, you're making the south sound so wonderful! are you trying to tempt me or something???
glad it's great out for you!
ditto, ditto, ditto...I, too, LOVE Fall weather in Georgia, roadtrips, Indigo Girls and having no where in particular to go....
I haven't quite figured that out with the kiddos yet, though! Something about all the diapers & supplies that must be packed takes the spontanaeity out of it :-(
Yes, Georgia in the fall has to be one of the best places! We, too, like road trips and sometimes manage a day one, but it still not the same when you have to tote all the baby supplies with you. One plus to the kids growing up.
I remember Berry in October - a perfect month - first weekend, Mountain Day, second weekend, Fall Break and third weekend, our birthday! No other month could compare!
Hey, I know a great place you could drive to for that visit to the mountains...let us know when you're coming! :)
I agree, I am so happy fall is here. This summer has been the hottest one I can remember (being pregnant probably contributed to that! ) and I am so glad to have the cool mornings again. It refreshes my spirit too!
When can I pick you up? We always went to the smokeys this time a year too...but with the new baby and all...we didnt go last year and probably wont this year. So if you go take lots of pictures for me. Fall is my favorite too.
Good post.
Jen
I love fall too! It is my favorite. Next week I am taking the kids to the apple orchard. They are looking forward to that.
You are speaking my language girl!! I live in the Smokies and boy is it beautiful!! I know exactly where to get those hot boiled peanuts too. On the way to Townsend. YUMMY!!
OK, sorry I'm a little late catching up on all my favorite blogs! It seems we all love Fall especially after a long hot summer-are you ready for the Kicks annual "bonfire in the backyard"?!
Post a Comment