i thought i was all prepared for this morning. i thought i had plenty of time to get everything done. it was ella's first day of her new K-4 class. a day that has been on the calendar for months and a day that we had been talking up for weeks.
8:30 rolls around...and of course, i'm rushing. am i ever on time? probably not. and this morning was no exception. real quick, i thought, i need to take a picture of her on her first day! get evan in his car seat, run upstairs, grab camera, run back downstairs, get ella out of the van, get her posed outside, say "cheese", crap...dead batteries. "hang on, ella, i'll be right back". run back inside, grab another set of batteries, crap....dead batteries again. ok, there is one more set (i know, yes we have 3 sets of rechargeable batteries...you never know when you are going to need them, ha!). put in the last set, CRAP...dead batteries!! UGH!
you would think i would be prepared and have all sets charged and ready to go for her first day of school photo. so we ended up getting the shot after we got home (a little anti-climatic).
anyway, in the van after her first day, of course i asked her all the questions every mom asks. she proceeded to tell me she really liked her new class and her teacher is "sooo nice". and she "wasn't scared at all because it wasn't very childy" (interpretation: i wasn't scared b/c there weren't too many children). i asked her if she met some new friends. she said there were some that she liked and others that she didn't like. got me curious...."why didn't you like some of the children?" she says, "some of them were kinda weird." "weird?" i said. "yeah, some just looked really weird mommy."
um, ok. i tried to take that opportunity to share some bits of wisdom with her (you know, the don't judge a book by its cover stuff and God makes everyone special and everyone looks different in their own special way stuff). but i couldn't help but chuckle inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Boy have I had mornings like that. My daughter used to say "Mommy has to go back in the house at LEAST 3 times in the morning".
Glad school wasn't "childy" for your daughter! too funny.
I must remember that term..."childy". I like it when things aren't too childy myself LOL.
Glad the little peanut had a good first day back!I seem to rush around in the mornings too even though I think I have everything ready the night before!
So I think we know the problem at church - we're way too "childy" and probably (hopefully) always will be!
What makes another 4 year old weird? If she ever spills the beans, I'm dying to know!
Childy. How cute. And as long as you got the photo before midnight, well you got a photo of her on her first day. Right? Right!
Post a Comment