tonight officially began my consignment sale hunting. if you live in the atlanta area...you know just how many of these sales happen around here. i have not heard of another city that has as many as we do...it really seems to have exploded over the past few years.
so i went to my first one tonight. it was in a neighborhood close by and they had it in the basement. i get SOOO ridiculously excited going to these sales. i LO-O-OVE a good deal!! and when i can find a pair of kids jeans for $3 or a shirt for $1.50 or a cute dress for $4....oh mama...do i feel so happy all over!!
i didn't have much luck tonight though. i got a few things for both kids, including a pair of shoes for each that are just too cute and had hardly been worn. and if they are $2, i really don't care how much they've been worn. i didn't want to go overboard tonight...you know, buy too much and then not have enough money to go to all the other 500 sales that are waiting for me! plus, i like to wait for really good clothing. i'll admit, i really like the name brand stuff...gymboree, gap, etc. and when you can find this stuff for such a great price...it's worth going to different sales to find them! (oh and did i mention that it was about 150 degrees in the basement with a gob of people who were cramped like sardines in between racks and racks of clothes, toys, and baby items?....oh but its still so worth it!)
like i said...i just get giddy about all the deals. i usually come home and immediately show r each thing and how much i paid for it. although he just doesn't get as excited as i do, he is still proud of my determination to find a good deal and proud of all the money i'm saving!
so if you live in atlanta and don't know about all these sales (how could you not!?), go to the bargain watcher and go shopping ya'll!
note: i just checked thebargainwatcher.com again and there are lots of other states listed! so go check it out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I'm dropping my items off this morning at the gwinnett county consignment sale-1,000 sellers there. I'm so I excited I can't stand myself, I get to go to the presale!!! www.kidsignments.com
Best wishes on your Consignment DEALS!!!!! I am jealous, there, I said it!! We don't have consignment shops in my town as I have been accustomed to everywhere else we have lived!!! :( So - shop shop and shop some more and count your blessings as you do!!! :)
You go girl! I haven't done any in the last year (since our school stopped having theirs) and as youngest ds gets older I find less in the boys sections that I like or hasn't seen better days. When mine were smaller I loved, loved, loved them. There is [was, it has been a while since I was there] a cool consignment shop on Peachtree Industrial/McGinnis Ferry (in the shopping center with Publix -- caddie corner from Pikes) that also used to sell new kids clothing that they would buy from showroom close outs and such. I used to find some wonderful things in there...very high end stuff for a song. Love a deal.
Happy Shopping! I got a new top last night at Macy's for $7! There was a 75% off rack - I was in heaven!
Daniel Park is having their sale this weekend - I saw signs last night.
sara...good luck at the presale!
dee...sorry you don't have any sales around...did you check that website i mentioned?
belle-ah...i've been to that store you mentioned! in fact, they are having their BIG sale this weekend (i think it started yesterday)
melissa...you and your macy's! and the daniel park sale is where i went last nite. there were 2 in that neighborhood (i went to the "small ones" sale)
Oh, I do love a good sale!! I get really excited about stuff like that, too...my hubby doesn't really get it either! I'm going to check out that website and see if there are any sales in my area...thanks!
This is the huge bummer about dressing my three alike....very few consignment purchases for me...but, girl, I can do some Ebay deal shopping for myself like you would not belive and I sell A LOT of stuff at children's consignment sales!
My hubby's fave quote is: 'You are saving me so much $$ you are making me broke!"
i checked... none in our area... i was spoiled by kids market in birmingham! so off to sale racks i go...
I'm way behind here-dropping off my clothes tomorrow for Mary and Michelle-nothing like waiting 'till the last minute!
This sounds like fun, but I am sure they don't have them in our rural area, just a few shops.
Post a Comment