so on that note, since i've discussed one of her weaknesses, i want to describe her strengths and why we love this little girl named ella! so here goes the bragging...
she has recently nicknamed her little brother "big poncha" (hence the title above) and this shows how her little creative mind works. she likes to make up words. and when evan was a baby, ella always called him "oven", even though she could say his name correctly. everyone around us caught on and called him that too! she ADORES her little brother and for the most part, she plays well with him. just about every day she tells me how cute she thinks he is....especially when he does funny things or he's just being sweet to her. she is very affectionate with me, her daddy, evan, her friends and our family. she loves giving hugs and kisses. she has such a tender heart.
she is quite shy with those she doesn't know, but once she is your friend...she is attached! she is always wanting to be on the go (probably gets this from me!). every night at bedtime she asks me or her daddy, "where are we going tomorrow?". and every morning when she wakes up, "what are we going to do today?" and if i tell her that we have no plans, she is more than willing to make plans for me!!
she is quite the little artist and i have been so proud to see her latest drawings. she LOVES to color any chance she gets and she is enjoying writing her letters as well. she was the only one in her 3 yr. old preschool class who could write their name!
if she's not coloring, then she's probably reading books. the girl loves her books and we are thrilled about that! she loves to learn about new things and is soooo curious about everything. questions are pouring out of her mouth lately as she wants to know all there is to know about anything and everything!
she also loves to sing. she has all the songs memorized on the Steve Green's "Hide 'Em in Your Heart" cd's. i love hearing her sweet little voice. and she even knows words to some our favorite songs...(is it bad if she knows the lyrics to some of kelly clarkson's songs!?).
we think she will be a great athlete too....she loves to run and has always been very coordinated. she loves riding her scooter and is learning to ride her bike (with training wheels of course). i think daddy is hoping she will be a little soccer star just like he was when he was younger.
she is beautiful....even at an early age, people would always compliment her pretty blue eyes. and they are still the first thing that others notice. so of course we are biased, but we really think she is so pretty and we just love looking at her sweet little face.
ella can be quite the goofball. i know she gets this from me...i was just like her growing up. she does silly things that make us laugh and she is just plain goofy sometimes. i love it!
so i know there is plenty more to say about her, but i'll save it for another post! as we raise this sweet child to grow up in the Lord, we pray that she will always know how much we love her, that she would know how much her God loves her, and that she would know how much she needs Jesus.





15 comments:
She is just adorable! Such great pictures you have captured. This was such a sweet post. My 4 yr old also asks all the questions he can possibly think of, and I never seem to have the energy to answer all of them...especially when they are being repeated over and over and over.
I noticed that you are linked to a bugs blog. John and I kind of grew up together and our parents are best of friends. Small world.
So sweet, Keri-I'm loving getting to know little Ella and Evan! I love your pictures!
that's my peanut.
What an adorable little girl. She is ull of life. Enjoy her.
Jen
We LOVE Kelly Clarkson but she does say stupid on one of her songs and Josiah scolds her for doing so!
She is a beauty!
she sounds so much like her mama... smart, silly, beautiful, sensitive, creative, sweet...
She is BEAUTIFUL!! I love 4 year olds. They say the funniest things. Be sure to write these things down. Sweet memories you won't want to forget!
Hi Keri, You're little girl is a beauty. And I love your profile photo.
Thanks for stopping by my place and reading through those endless 100 things about me. You asked a question and I wasn't sure you'd go back and see my response. You asked what happened to the military-academy bound fiance. He's a RICH Texas oil man now. My husband's not rich but I definitely got a better deal. My ex is a great guy but he's no Rob.
keri -
what a sweet, sweet post about your beautiful daughter! i hope you will one day share this with her, maybe in a baby book or something of the sort. this is a post that i think would mean so much to her.
never let these moments rest in the back of your mind. i have been convicted lately of focusing on the bad and forgetting the good.. or not forgetting, but not making it just as if not more important than the bad.
keep doing what you are doing, you will be blessed!
Hey Keri,
I had wanted to comment on your last post, just to say that I'm with you in working through irrational little girl behavior, and it's hard! Of course, ours is different right now (controlling emotions), but it's always hard to be patient! Thank you for the reminder of how sweet and precious our little ones are. Much love to you!
Rhianna
Hi Keri, What a sweet post about your daughter! I love the pictures, especially the one in the sprinkler. Very cute. I have a daughter that will be '4' in a couple months and she loves to draw and write her letters too. She also loves the Hide em' in your heart music. I bet they would get along great!
She is a beautiful little girl and I loved reading this story of her.
I love that picture from the wedding - it just captures something special about her! It's been so fun watching her grow up - I remember that August when you were pregnant and overdue and everyone at church kept asking you when you were going to have that baby - we were still meeting in the school then!!! Those were the days!
She is such a special little girl and I miss her terribly. She is such a joy, so treasure her. I'm so glad I've got to see her grow up these past few years!
my favorite pic it the one of her peeking out of the floaty!
Post a Comment